General discussion

iPAQ H3600 upgrade

By fathom ·
Please help. I recently purchased the NAVMAN GPS 3450 for my iPAQ 3600. The package said it was compatable with the 3600 model. After viewing the manual, it says Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2002 is required. The current os on my 3600 is Windows CE 3.0. I searched all over the internet and couldn't find the information I need. I know I need to upgrade to Microsoft Mobile for Pocket PC 2002 but I'm not sure how. Is Pocket PC 2002 seperate from Windows Mobile? How, Where, How do I purchase this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by george In reply to iPAQ H3600 upgrade

The upgrade is usually available from the manufacturer, HP in your case. Pocket PC is the newest version of Windows for handhelds and replaced Windows CE. They are totally different, check with HP support if you can run the new OS before you install it. They should also be able to tell you how to get it.

Good Luck!

Collapse -

by wlbowers In reply to iPAQ H3600 upgrade
Collapse -

by Choppit In reply to iPAQ H3600 upgrade

Pocket Pocket PC 200x is a build of Win CE 3.0 and was a chargeable upgrade a couple of years ago.
It's now been replaced by PPC2003 http://www.hp.com/sbso/special/ppc_upgrade.html which I suspect cannot be installed on a 36xx due to the ROM being too small. Certain features of PPC2002 were not installed on the 36xx for the same reason. You may be able to obtain an upgrade disk on Ebay (although strictly speaking this would be illegal) or alternatively contact HP for advice.

Sorry I can't give you better news.

Collapse -

No longer available...

by GAMerritt In reply to

According to HP's site, this upgrade for the iPaq is no longer for sale.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)