General discussion

Ipcop v 1.4.18 dropping windows domain network drives

By t.clayton ·
Hi There,

I have an Ipcop machine running as a gateway for a domain to allow students to use there own laptops. Students with their own computers are fine as they are only using the internet, however, we have put laptops from our domain onto the ipcop and these are struggling to log in because the computers aren't picking up the profile which is on a file server and when they do log in the network drive mounts then unmounts or doesn't mount at all, this happens sporadically, on a smaller user volume it works without issue but when there are more users on the system the network drive disconnects.

The IPCOP machine is on a RED + GREEN Network, running as a DHCP server. The machine has 2 Gigabit network cards. It has 512 MB RAM and a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 processor.

I have increased the max number of connections available to 16000 using the following command command:

echo 16000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

I have opened up the following ports for external access: 113 445 5900 5800 139 137 138 445 53 135 389 636 3268 3269 1026 1027

In port forwarding I have set ports 139, 137, 138, 443 to be able to access the main file server.

Are there any other ports or tweaks anyone knows of that could help to stop this sporadic loss of network drive?

Cheers

Tom

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

If you repost this as a Question you'll get responses to this question

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Ipcop v 1.4.18 dropping w ...

As people who look at the discussions don't always look at the Questions and vise versa. You'll also get a auto generated Response sent to you every time that some one posts a answer to your question so it's faster.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)