General discussion

IR Printing - HP Laser 2100m under Win2K

By acmngl ·
My HP LaserJet 2100m (purchased in April 1999) is capable of printing over an irDA infrared link, and HP originally provided drivers to support this kind of printing under Win95 and Win98.

I have just tried and failed at IR printing from an IBM T20 laptop running Win2K. According to the Win2K help files, Win2K uses the irLPT protocol as output from the IR port when that port is linked to a printer and a standard Win PRINT command is issued from an application.

The two boxes (printer and laptop) appear to start and maintain an IR communication session when they are properly positioned, and it appears that they also start a proper data transfer when I click on the PRINT command in, e.g., MSWord. However, after a few seconds I get acryptic MS message that only says that something is wrong -- no other symptoms or information are apparent.

Is there something I can do to override the new MS irLPT protocol and enable the system to WORK properly... like it used to in Win98...??? Or is there something I can do with the HP LJ2100m to allow it to recognize / operate under irLPT???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)