General discussion

Is anyone here a AS/400 person

By consortech99 ·
If you are I am currently looking for a
peer-mentor to help and educated about this ibm based server.

Thanks
Clarence

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

I've worked with it as a programmer

by generalist In reply to Is anyone here a AS/400 p ...

This may not help much if you are looking for details on setting it up as a server.

On the other hand, I've spent a little over 10 years working on the machine as an applications programmer. And in recent months I've been learning networking on the PC side so some of the 'strange I've seen commands' on the systems side are now making sense.

It is a nice, stable machine whose capabilities are good for a business environment.

Collapse -

Can We talk

by consortech99 In reply to I've worked with it as a ...

Do you know RPG programing? I am also interested in the installation and setup stage of the AS/400 system. Email me so we can talk.

Thanks
Clarence Smith
Information Systems Coordinator
Consortech99@netzero.net

Collapse -

Easy to setup & administer

by bcarlyle In reply to Can We talk

Hi Clarence,
I have worked on the AS/400 iSeries since before it was officially announced. The system is easier to setup than any other system of its size. It comes complete with database, communications, security, user help and loads more stuff that is not usual on any Unix or Nt system. If you follow basic rules for backing up your environment and keep your eye on your application, the AS/400 will do the rest. Bob.

Collapse -

I'm a RPG programer

by lmorais In reply to Can We talk

If you still need any assitance on RPG, say so.

Collapse -

Slow mode talking

by generalist In reply to Is anyone here a AS/400 p ...

I think we can talk, but probably not via TechRepublic. I've commented on enough topics that discussions like this one disappear from my list of active discussions.

Try sending e-mail to 'generalist@hotmail.com' for a faster response.

Back to IT Employment Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)