General discussion
November 15, 2002 at 09:32 PM
brayan_elias

ISA and Exchange 2000

by brayan_elias . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

I have an ISA server one machine and Exchange Server 2000 on another machine. My problem is that I’m unable to send outgoing mail from my outlook clients unless I create a “permit all” protocol rule. I am able to recieve mail with or without the “permit all” rule. I’ve used the wizzard for mail server publishing and set up all the publishing rules for pop3 and smtp. Obviously I’m missing a protocol rule. When I send mail without the “permit all” rule the outgoing mail remains in the domain queue in Exchange. The queue remains in retry mode until I set the “permit all” protocol rule. Since I have to run now, in another posting I will post the exact error of the queue. Pulling from my own memory, it had something to do with DNS. I’m hoping that this bit of information will help you solve my problem.
Thanks.

This discussion is locked

All Comments