General discussion

ISA server 2004 - Single NIC config

By drued ·
In a single adapter configuration of ISA server 2004 I am unable to connect to Internet on the ISA box nor can clients access internet.
Following are the error msg that I get:
ISA server error message:
ISA Server detected routes through adapter "Local Area Connection 2" that do not correlate with the Network Element this adapter belongs to. The address ranges in conflict are: 203.xxx.xxx.1-203.xxx.xxx.1;203.xxx.xxx.242-203.xxx.xxx.242;203.xxx.xxx.255-203.xxx.xxx.255;. Fix the Network Element and/or the Routing Table to make these ranges consistent -- they should be in both or in neither.
ISA Server detected routes through adapter "Loopback" that do not correlate with the Network Element this adapter belongs to. The address ranges in conflict are: 203.xxx.xxx.242-203.xxx.xxx.242;. Fix the Network Element and/or the Routing Table to make these ranges consistent -- they should be in both or in neither.
The Firewall Service detected that the dial-up connection DUN was assigned an IP address from network Internal. This may indicate a configuration error.

Client browser error MSG:
HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
The gateway could not retrieve the requested page.

ISA Server: server.domain.com
Time: 12/12/2004 12:53:55 PM GMT

Help needed to resolve the issue........

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Screen Gems In reply to ISA server 2004 - Single ...

add another NIC. Have 1 NIC for LAN segment and 1 NIC for WAN segment. If you have more than 1 LAN segements, add additional NICS for each segment, noting that you'll run out of PCI slots sooner or later and then you go to the array/cluster mode for ISA server. Next Rerun the setup wizard and choose perimeter firewall. Run all the individual wizards like server publishing and run the rules wizard to create a rule for domain users security group on LAN segment to WAN segment allowing TCP/IP traffic. Get rid of the everyone rule. it mucks everything up.

See ISAserver.org for more information on ISA 2004 configuration

I don't like 2004 like 2000 better but then I'm used to 2000 and theres very little documentation available on 2004 other than whats on ISAserver.org.

Collapse -

by drued In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by drued In reply to

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to ISA server 2004 - Single ...

as above, add another NIC. simple.

gotta reconfigure everything once you do but using 1 nic you'll never get anywhere with ISA 2004.

Collapse -

by drued In reply to

Collapse -

by drued In reply to

Collapse -

by drued In reply to ISA server 2004 - Single ...

I found out that I had given static default gateway value on ISA server. After removing it now I can access Internet from Internal Network using Firewall Client but cannot connect to internet as Web Proxy Client I think it has somethin to do with Access Rules, Just cant figure out what I am missing any Clues?

Collapse -

by drued In reply to ISA server 2004 - Single ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Security Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums