General discussion

LaserJet 4050

By lterrano ·
I am installing Hp Laserjet 4050 on an NT print server. The driver I installed was 40 50 PCL 5e for windows NT. This printer is is set up as a network printer with jet admin. I keep getting a doctor Watsons, after I install the Printer.
Lou

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

by Mike Stewart In reply to LaserJet 4050

Try using the HP LaserJet Series 4050 PS or HP LaserJet Series 4050 PCL 6 Drivers. I running a number of these on my NT Servers without a single problem.

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

by lterrano In reply to LaserJet 4050

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

by ahartman In reply to LaserJet 4050

I am going to dissagree with the first answer. Try running the hp laserJet4 driver. You will loose some options there on trays but it is a good troubleshooting method. Also try using a lpr port instead of the jet admin. Install Microsoft TCP Printing reboot the print server then set up a lpr port on the server. Give the port the Ip of the laserjet and give it the print command raw. By the way, can you ping the printer. If not you probably have a problem with TCP-Ip.

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

by rsears In reply to LaserJet 4050

I agree with the first answer, I have setup a few of these printers on our network and with the drivers he mentions and have had zero problems. I have also used the LaserJet 4 driver on these printers. If you use the driver for the LaserJet 4, you will loose a lot of the functionality of the 4050. The HP 4050 PS works great for printing from NT.

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

Collapse -

LaserJet 4050

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)