General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Laserjet 8550 color calibration

by sgoss ·

I have a 8550 printer that has a problem with the cyan (blue) printing slightly to the left of the other colors. It makes the image blur and adds a blue line to the left side of the image. I can find any information on what could be causing this on any other sites, so I thought someone here may have ran into this. I have tried change the toner cart.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Laserjet 8550 color calibration

by jayeliz ·

In reply to Laserjet 8550 color calibration

Havn’t run in to this problem before but, printer seems fairly new and Hp technical support should be able to help.

HP Support
      1-800-633-3600

Hope this helps

by w2ktechman ·

You need to reset the carousel. This is a task and a half. I helped replace one once, expect lots of time, because to recalibrate it, the printer will come almost all the way apart. It might be better to hire a printer repair service or have HP technician fix it.

by kc 1 ·

Try doing some printer maintenance, by first cleaning the print head through the HP software, then align the printhead, again through the HP software….

by kc 1 ·

Try doing some printer maintenance, by first cleaning the print head through the HP software, then align the printhead, again through the HP software….

by kc 1 ·

by sgoss ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 5 reply threads