General discussion

Laserjet 8550 color calibration

By sgoss ·
I have a 8550 printer that has a problem with the cyan (blue) printing slightly to the left of the other colors. It makes the image blur and adds a blue line to the left side of the image. I can find any information on what could be causing this on any other sites, so I thought someone here may have ran into this. I have tried change the toner cart.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jayeliz In reply to Laserjet 8550 color calib ...

Havn't run in to this problem before but, printer seems fairly new and Hp technical support should be able to help.

HP Support
1-800-633-3600

Hope this helps

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to Laserjet 8550 color calib ...

You need to reset the carousel. This is a task and a half. I helped replace one once, expect lots of time, because to recalibrate it, the printer will come almost all the way apart. It might be better to hire a printer repair service or have HP technician fix it.

Collapse -

by Kc 1 In reply to Laserjet 8550 color calib ...

Try doing some printer maintenance, by first cleaning the print head through the HP software, then align the printhead, again through the HP software....

Collapse -

by Kc 1 In reply to

sorry for the repeat i hit the dubmit button a little too much

Collapse -

Try doing some printer maintenance, by first cleaning the print head through the HP software, then align the printhead, again through the HP software....

Collapse -

Collapse -

by sgoss In reply to Laserjet 8550 color calib ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)