General discussion

LDAP Bind problem Server2003/Exch2003

By brainstormoc ·
Greets all-
have had the trouble of the DC (server2003 running exchange2003 and as fileserver)hanging at reboot and shutdown. applogs show -

MSExchangeDSAccess errors:
2115-Process STORE.EXE (PID=6364). DSAccess needs to close a connection to the Domain Controller XXX.XXX.local due to error 0x80040952

8026-LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory XXX.XXX.local for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x34] Unavailable

2110-Process STORE.EXE (PID=6364). Could not bind to DS server XXX.XXX.local, error 34 at port 389

2102-Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=344). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:
XXX.XXX.local

2070-Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=344). DSAccess lost contact with DC. Error was 80040951 (). DSAccess will attempt to reconnect with this domain controller when it is reachable

2104-Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=344). All the DS Servers in domain are not responding

2121-Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=344). DSAccess is unable to connect to any domain controller in domain XXX.local although DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for that domain.

MSExchangeAL
errors:
8250-The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the configuration information. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating system was installed properly

LDAP not binding? svcs start perfectly (cept BITS which started hanging recently- recent update?) but at shutdown/reboot it hangs for at least 10 min b4 i kill it ungrace.
The impenetrable fog that is the MS-KB led me to the fact that its an LDAP bind thing (thanks MS) and also said to check kerberos timestamps- checked that and the dc is synching ok with an external server and all other computers are synching with DC.
DCdiag passed everything.
Anyone that can help I sure would appreciate it.
Brian Yerk

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by brainstormoc In reply to LDAP Bind problem Server2 ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

oh yeah- this is the only DC and only Exchange server in the domain

Collapse -

Also- Not sure if this is pertinent to the problem but I ran the MSExchange Best Practices Analyzer and it threw these errors but it did run through.

13:43:06.791: Error (Specified cast is not valid.) accessing metabase key LM/SmtpSvc/1 on server XXX.XXX.local. Skipping object.
13:43:06.822: Error (Specified cast is not valid.) accessing metabase key LM/SmtpSvc/1/Domain on server XXX.XXX.local. Skipping object.
13:43:06.822: The Max Failures for Metabase objects specified by XXX (server) has been exceeded. Some objects will be skipped.

Collapse -

by mikex In reply to LDAP Bind problem Server2 ...

:):

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6287-0.html?forumID=39&threadID=160986

Collapse -

by mikex In reply to

And if this one can't help you - here's the large nice discussion on the topic:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration/post178025.asp

Collapse -

by shauncharles In reply to LDAP Bind problem Server2 ...

If i read your question correctly you have an 2003 exchange server on a 2003 Windows server that is also your Domain Controller. I may be wrong but that may be where your problem lies. If i remember correctly you don't want to have your exchange server on your Domain Controller as this can cause some issues. I'll look to see if i can find the article relating to this and post you a link

Collapse -

mikex- thanks for the link- im looking it over but am in the middle of a server replacement right now so it may be a few days until i can get back about this but in my cursory glance it seemed that the issues were exactly what i'm having trouble with but no answers, or at least nothing that related to these issues only at shutdown. i'll read up on it more soon.
scharles- thanks- I realize that MS recommends not doing it that way but we are very limited in budget and MS said though not recommended it was a viable option. Kind of stuck with this configuration now.

Collapse -

Well kids- maybe this IS the problem although MS was definitely NOT specific about why it would take considerably longer to reboot or shutdown if the exchange svcs were not stopped beforehand....
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/default.asp
Was this what you were thinking of?
I'm thinking of dcpromoing my other win2000 box and also making it a GC (due to exchange issues)hoping to resolve this. It seems from the egghead thread that if exchagne finds another GC it won't hang. perhaps, perhaps not.
Any thoughts?

Collapse -

and oh yeah, the win2000 box is running 2 separate databases (tho they are not superintensive). I know i SHOULD avoid this but....

Collapse -

keep forgeting to say something... :)
or should I rebuild the replaced server (win2000) and move exchange2003 to it?
specs on that one-
2x 1Ghz P3
512MB
2x 36GB (winmirrored)

Back to Windows Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next