General discussion

Lexmark X6150 Fax problems

By eraser3498 ·
I have a Lexmark X6150 All in one and I'm having trouble setting up the fax. I'm trying to make it so when a fax is incoming the fax machine picks it up, if it s phone call it send it to the phone. I tried all the setting on the machine and in the software bu the fax machine always seems to answer no matter what tpye of call it is. Has anyone experinced this problem? You input is greatly apprecaited. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Lexmark X6150 Fax problem ...

The FAX machine does not know if the call is a FAX or not until it does answer the phone.

Once the FAX machine answers the phone, if the call is not a FAX, then it can be transfered to a handset.

Chas

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to Lexmark X6150 Fax problem ...

Also, if you have DSL, your phone company can (in most places) set you up with a second FAX only phone number. Then you can set up the fax machine to give a different type of ring from your phone.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by zaferus In reply to Lexmark X6150 Fax problem ...

Even without DSL you can get a phone line that has 2 numbers rolled into one. The difference is how it rings.

This way faxes call one number, people call another but they both come to the same phone line. If you still have issues with this have the fax only pick up after 5 rings giving people time to get to it if it "rings" for regular phone, and just leave it for the fax machine if it rings for fax.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by birdmanmar3 In reply to Lexmark X6150 Fax problem ...

First have you read in the Lexmark manual that it will preform this task? Next do you have all of those extra services on your phone line like-call waiting, confer calling, redirect incomming calls ect? Many times this will interact neg with other machines. I use a Lexmark, if I want to use the fax I have say so during setup to install drivers. Have you been to Lexmark website to look for help? Finally, do you know any one else using this machine in the same manner? Good Luck!

Collapse -

Collapse -

by birdmanmar3 In reply to Lexmark X6150 Fax problem ...

First have you read in the Lexmark manual that it will preform this task? Next do you have all of those extra services on your phone line like-call waiting, confer calling, redirect incomming calls ect? Many times this will interact neg with other machines. I use a Lexmark, if I want to use the fax I have say so during setup to install drivers. Have you been to Lexmark website to look for help? Finally, do you know any one else using this machine in the same manner? Good Luck!

Collapse -

Back to Hardware Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next