General discussion

Linksys Integrated 10/100 Card Problems

By Shanghai Sam ·
I have been experiencing many problems with the Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Integrated PC Cards. I currently have nearly 25% that don't seem to be working right out of the box. When I insert them into the PCMCIA slot, the card is detected and the drivers are installed from the disk. From there on, the card's middle light (10/100 light) turns on but the outside lights (Link and Act) don't turn on. The card does not respond to any network requests and the Device Manager does indicate any errors. These cards are being used primarily with the Toshiba Satellite 2250XCDS laptops running Windows 98. I have a call into Linksys but I am not getting that call returned. Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone provide help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Linksys Integrated 10/100 ...

Try going to Linksys website. Download the latest drivers for the OS that these laptops are running. The other thing to try is going to Toshiba's website and seeing if they have a driver for that particular model which they modified from linksys.
You should also check to make sure that there is not a built-in ethernet card that is causing a conflict. I do believe that the Satellites have a built-in card which would need to be disabled in BIOS. Otherwise start using the onboard card, it is easier to use and guaranteed to be 100% compatible.

Collapse -

by resolvingJack In reply to Linksys Integrated 10/100 ...

A shot in the dark from previous experience.
One would expect that the cards would work
with most all dongles (the network cable adapter) they don't. If you are not testing the cards with the adapter that came with
that card in the box you will see this type
of problem. Good Luck!

Collapse -

by jereg In reply to Linksys Integrated 10/100 ...
Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)