General discussion

Linux Client and Windows server 2003 Terminal Services License Issue

By bhaskarbsingh ·
Hi there,
I have been searching for almost a week to figure out where the Terminal Services Licensing information is saved or located if i were to use Linux based client and ofcourse windows server 2003.
Since Linux does not deal with registries which is the case of windows client, I wonder where Linux client will save the above info(terminal services license info, TSCALs)of the users?
I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to figure out this thing in the internet, so far I have not gotten any specific answer for this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Try posting this as a "Question"

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Linux Client and Windows ...

You may have more luck getting detailed technical information in the "Questions" forum. "Discussions" usually deal with more general or opinion-based topics.

Collapse -

Not yet solved though....

by bhaskarbsingh In reply to Try posting this as a "Qu ...

Gotcha, I'll do that after Roger's reply...
Thanks

Collapse -

My Experience

by Roger99a In reply to Linux Client and Windows ...

My Experience with Windows 2000 and Linux clients is that the License Server will keep the name of the machine in it's database. It treats our Wyse terminals the same way so you can look for specifics there.

Collapse -

The real killer(to find out the License info in Linux)

by bhaskarbsingh In reply to My Experience

Roger that's absolutely Ok. I mean License Server is in the Windows 2000 box and we can locate that thing or we can even drill the registry and find that out. But with the linux client running, windows server has to give some license (TS CALs) to these client(s). Since Linux doesn't have the registry knowledge, I'm still lost finding out the token provided by the Terminal Services server to its client(Linux OS).
Correct me If I have lost the vision here.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)