General discussion

Linux & Exchange 2003 coexist

By bcmathis ·
I currently administor an Exchange 2003 server using our .com extension and i want to setup a fedora box as an email server with either an addition to the .com extension or with a .net/.org extension. My question is how exactly do i make these 2 mail servers coexist on the same network without any problems? do i have to use different ports for pop3/imap/smtp or can i use the same ports for both? what kind of pointers must i have for DNS? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Linux & Exchange 2003 coe ...

Exchange must always be authoritative for the primary SMTP address (the one in bold) on the default recipient policy. Otherwise, local mail flow may not occur. When you share selected SMTP address spaces, a shared address space is set as non-authoritative in Exchange. If the address space that you want to share is not the primary address on the default recipient policy, click to clear the This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address check box for that domain.

Follow the directions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/

Collapse -

by bcmathis In reply to

not the answer is was looking for... someone else sent me a detailed email with instructions, worked great.

Collapse -

by bcmathis In reply to Linux & Exchange 2003 coe ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Linux Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)