Lithium ion battery concern!
I just deconstructed an old family mac, only to find one of the lithium-ion battery packs opened slightly. I quickly started heating up. Knowing this is a serious safety hazard, I threw it in the trash outside my house. I wanted to make sure there is nothing more I can do to prevent an explosion or gas exposure. My main concern is that it will either explode in the trash or that the next time someone opens the trash, they will be exposed to lithium gas. I need help, as I am kinda freaking out. I am hoping it will lose all remaining charge over night as it heats up. Again, please help!
Share your knowledge Answer This