General discussion

Loading bitmaps into HP laserjet 4050

By sethroslyn ·
I have an HP Laserjet with 8MB on an IPX environment in a hybrid IP/IPX shop. I am trying to select from different bitmaps to print various logos through a COBOL program. I have used Form and Font manager but could not download due to no BIDI connection. I have tried Resource Manager but could not load macro due to the following error message "LASER3 does not support mass storage, or unable to contact
printer. If printer has or will have mass storage at a later date click OK to continue adding device to project.". I have tried dynamically creating a macro (using escape sequences from HP) wrappped around a Hex Dump of a bit map print. (Paint -> Print to file -> Convert to Hex -> Code in program) but no logo printed just some gibberish. What am I missing to accomplish this. It is for a client who uses multiple invoice forms with carious logos and I want to make it as dynamic as possible so no forms need to be loaded.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to Loading bitmaps into HP l ...

See the following link:

"HP LaserJet Printers - Cannot Print or Problems Printing"

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl06003.html

Maxwell

Collapse -

by sethroslyn In reply to Loading bitmaps into HP l ...

Link invalid

Collapse -

See the following link:

>> REMOVE THE SPACES from the pasted URL <<

"HP LaserJet Printers - Cannot Print or Problems Printing"

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl06003.html

>> REMOVE THE SPACES from the pasted URL <<

Maxwell

Collapse -

Whenever a link is cut and pasted onto this thread, a space appears somewhere in that pasted link. After you cut and paste it into your browser, be sure to search for and remove that nagging space.

(In this case, it appears to be between the zeros at the end of the link l06003.html)

Maxwell

Collapse -

by sethroslyn In reply to Loading bitmaps into HP l ...

I am very sorry -- I know how to troubleshoot HP Printers -- what I am trying to do is avoid paying for a form to be loaded by HP (cost about $1000/per), but rather write it directly to an HP Printer at run time.

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)