General discussion

Loadsim2000 problems

By khuffmanjr ·
I have been trying to use Loadsim2000 in a test environment to see how well a given hardware configuration will hold up under a given load. However I have been mostly unsuccessful in my attempts to get Loadsim running.

The specific error that I would like to ask about is: "ERROR: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER". It presents this error multiple times during the test. In most cases I can successfully "Create Topology" and "Initialize Test", but during the actual test run, I receive the above error. The error is always followed by a statement that there was a problem accessing Public Folders.

Any information would be helpful.

thx, K

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Loadsim2000 problems

by khuffmanjr In reply to Loadsim2000 problems

I guess I could've mentioned that I am, of course, running this against an Exchange 2000 server.

Collapse -

Loadsim2000 problems

by Todd Kimbrell In reply to Loadsim2000 problems

Hey K!
Do not use the loadsim util from the resource kit, get this one instead!

LoadSim 2000 build 4612 you can download at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/loadsim.asp.

Then,

Make sure that the MAPI Spooler is not running at the time this is executed. The MAPI spooler is normally launched by the Outlook or Exchange Clients, and does not shut down immediately after the client is shut down. Just because... :)

There are a few other points that I would like to provide you, they will follow. Dont worry, we will get this going. :)

Collapse -

Loadsim2000 problems

by Todd Kimbrell In reply to Loadsim2000 problems

K, i had this in my Technet CD, and here is a fantastic link to help you out.

http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=24126&pg=2

Collapse -

Loadsim2000 problems

i have managed to get LoadSim2000 working since i posted the question. I did download it from the loacation that you linked to, but since the message files were missing in the downloaded version, i just copied the new version into the existing LoadSim directory (replacing three of the old files).

good idea about the MAPI spooler...i remember something about that.

now, what i really need help on is the scoring. i see that some server manufacturers boast "Highest Scores Ever!" in LoadSim2000 on their hardware, but what does that really mean? they don't even say what scores they received.

anyway, you get the points. besides being the only one to answer, i think your suggestion was right on. if you do think of anything else, please, drop me an email.

thx, K

Collapse -

Loadsim2000 problems

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)