Question

location of msaccess.exe in Office2007 Enterprise Edition

By lhauckjr ·
I have always found the Microsoft Access executable in the folder "C:\Prog...\Microsoft...\Officexx\". Now,I have one instance on a computer running Office 2007 Enterprise Edition, where opening Access from the "Start Menu" works fine but I cannot locate the specific executable (msaccess.exe) anywhere on the machine to use in the "run" command. A different computer running "straight" Office 2007 has the msaccess.exe file in the normal place. I need to be able to shell out to the executable to run some external programs but am unable to do so. Does anyone have a solution ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

20 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

What OS is it on? <nt>

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to location of msaccess.exe ...
Collapse -

EZ

by clarkd038 In reply to What OS is it on? <nt>

right click the icon, go to properties, and under the general tab it will have the location of the Executable.

Collapse -

Tried That

by lhauckjr In reply to EZ

Thanks, but when I do that, the "Target" is listed as "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007"

Collapse -

EZ

right click the icon, go to properties, and under the general tab it will have the location of the Executable.

Collapse -

EZ

Collapse -

OS

by lhauckjr In reply to What OS is it on? <nt>

It is running Windows XP Pro, with SP-2

Collapse -

re: location of executable....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to location of msaccess.exe ...

According to Microsoft, to locate the executable on an XP machine, follow these instructions.

To locate the executable file to determine which version of a 2007 Office product is installed, follow these steps:
Windows XP or Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, click Run, type "%programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12" in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate the executable or core file in the folder.

Note Depending on the Windows settings, the .exe file name extension may not be displayed.

------------

Now, if they installed in a different location (ie, not program files), you're going to have to go fishing to find where they put it.

Collapse -

I finnaly found it

by lhauckjr In reply to re: location of executabl ...

Believe it or not, it was buried in "program files\miscrosoft visio 2007\office12"

go figure !

Collapse -

re: Found it...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to I finnaly found it

That location indicates to me that the installation of Access on that particular computer wasn't a normal install. It must have been a stand-alone install of the Access program and they gave it a different path during install.

If you can't make your "shell" programming find it no matter where it's located, you should uninstall/reinstall on that computer and put it where it belongs.

Collapse -

Thanks

by lhauckjr In reply to re: Found it...

Thanks, but I'm good to go. As long as I know where it is located, I can path to it in my Shell script and get the results I need. The computer is part of a University network and the installation was done by some of their IT staff. The interesting thing was, the IT people were made aware of our quest for the executable but were no help whatsoever.

Back to Software Forum
20 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next