General discussion

lockout for win2000/win xp pro

By mbertel ·
I am trying to figure out how to prevent users with no admin rights to not be able to look inside other profile folders. The profile folders that I am referring to would be under the documents and settings folder in either win 2k or xp pro. Thank you very much

Markus

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BobHo In reply to lockout for win2000/win x ...

Under normal circumstances should not be able to see those profile directories and should get an "access denied" message if they try. You should probable look at the user's rights and see if they have specific rights elevating their access rights. If so, remove those privaleges.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by statykserver In reply to lockout for win2000/win x ...

Right click the c: drive and see what the file system is. If it is fat32 it will not be possible. But if it is NTFS it should not be a problem. Only ntfs offers security and fat32 does not.

Collapse -

by JUANROBLEDO In reply to lockout for win2000/win x ...

check every user right it sounds like the users are admin in the pc and are u telling me u got more then one user accessing the pc. if so it is oyur right go to control panel and user accounts and make sure u make then all regular user and this will keep them form ading software tot he pc also.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)