General discussion

Login Rights w/ Windows2000

By scott ·
Hello,

I have just recently become aware of a problem that I am facing in my Organization. I am unable to solve it...
(Administrator) account is being used by our techs thru out the locations, Problem be is that they are forgetting to logout.This leaves a mayjor gap in our security. So now I am setting the administrative rights for each user so that they can login with there own user name and password and not that of the administrator. But they are still on ocassions using that admin account.
How can i stop this. I cannot/willnot change the administrators password.

My question is....
Is there a way that i can set the administrators account up so that it can only be used on the server and not on any of the other workstations?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Contolling Admin

by carlw2k In reply to Login Rights w/ Windows20 ...

A strong policy from management might help to get your techs to abandon a risky process. If that's not happening then there are a few things you can do to at least enforce better security like forcing a password protected screensaver in five minutes. Can't determine from the question if this is a Doamin Administrator account or the local Administrator account on the client. Different answers for each.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)