General discussion

Logon script in Windows2000

By Borg7of9 ·
I am using logon scripts located under sysvol in AD, however in some cases when I do a net use on the windows client (win2000pro) it does not always agree with my logonm script. Where is is getting the settings? I have no group policy. It seems to be taking older settings, is it possible this info is cached anywhere?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Logon script in Windows20 ...

What you are probably seeing is the result of a user manually mapping a drive from the workstation. These mappings would be persistent by default, so they would still exist on the workstation (regardless of your login script) until they are manually unmapped. In order to clean this up, what I usually do in my login scripts is add a command at the beginning of the script to remove all previously created persistent mappings:

net use * /delete

This ensures that you start out fresh with mapped drives at each login. However, if your users are used to manually mapping drives at will and having them reappear each time they reboot, they may get confused when their drive mappings disappear.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by Borg7of9 In reply to Logon script in Windows20 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

The users would not know how to add mappings, however, now that you mention it, I may have added ones while testing different setups! Thanks for your help

Collapse -

And I would like to add the following comment for all users. If someone takes the time to give you an answer, and its a good detailed answer, even if it does not solve your particular problem, you should award points. I see many rejected answers onthis site that that were correct answers, and the person took the time to detail solutions step by step. Well just a thought!! :)

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)