General discussion

long log on win2000 advanced server

By jerryolivas ·
We have a problem logging on to a server using windows 2000 advanced server from other workstation. After log on and authentication is complete, theloading and applying of personal settings is extremely slow. We have installed service pack 3, weare currently running service pack 3, we have checked the file replication service and we have determined that that service is not working. Could it be the cause of the slow loading and applying of personal settings and machines taking so long to log on. please send response to jerryolivas@juno.com , or goliva@htg.net or joejim@htg.net, or tmiche@htg.net

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BinaryDisaster In reply to long log on win2000 advan ...

Make sure your clients and Server are configured correctly for DNS. Make sure your DNS Server is configured properly on the server and also your clients configured correctly with the DNS Address. Windows 2000 relies heavily on DNS, If you dont have it configured properly windows client's try to go out to the internet and resolve the DNS Address.

Collapse -

by jerryolivas In reply to long log on win2000 advan ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by jfpelletier In reply to long log on win2000 advan ...

I have kind a same problem, but only with Windows XP clients. I notice my problems is with the DNS, but since he is a Root server, with the AD, i won't reinstall it. What i have done to correct the problem, is that i forced the Primary DNS to the client, and do a logoff and logon. The logon was wy faster, but the client was unable to go to internet. Then i set the client back to obtain DNS adress automatically, and everything worked fine.

Sorry for my weird english.

Jeff.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)