Question

Loosing connection with Exchange 2003

By stergios_nik ·
Hello.

We have installed an Exchange 2003 mail server on SITE A and all the client PCs in SITE A connect without problems.

We have also 3 more sites (SITE B, SITE C, SITE D). The problem is that from sites B,C,D the PC clients sometimes can connect to the Exchange 2003 mail server in SITE A but the most of the time they can not connect.

For example, I logged on to a PC in SITE B. I loaded Outlook Express and it downloaded with POP3 all the messages from the Exchange 2003 from SITE A to the client PC in SITE B. After 2-3 minutes I clicked on SEND / RECEIVE button from the client PC in SITE B and I got the following error message "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '192.168.x.x', Server: '192.168.x.x', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

This problem happens randomly to all client PCs in SITES B,C,D. Any ideas what might be the problem? Why Exchange 2003 in SITE A sometimes terminates the POP3 connection of clients in SITES B,C,D?

Thank you in advance.

Stergios

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)