General discussion

Macro-enabled Excel 2007 file issue - file seems to corrupt on save

By Tech_Lady ·
I'm needing help figuring out why one user on our network is having so much trouble with one particular Excel file. This user regularly edits the content of a appx. 420KB Excel 2007 file and after saving to a network drive sometimes cannot reopen the file a week or days later to edit. I've had to restore the file from backup or shadow copy several times always resulting in some data loss (the last edits). User is running Windows XP Pro. It appears that the file saves OK, but when you attempt to reopen it (shows as 420KB), user gets a warning about macros being disabled (user clicks button to enable)then Excel 2007 opens, but the workbook doesn't. Nothing appears. We've tried renaming and resaving the working file and the same thing happens. I can't open it either from a different PC (same result)so I don't think it's the Excel installation. I've double-checked the folder and file permissions and they are OK. Anybody have any idea what is going on here? The user is getting tired of rekeying info regularly. Thanks for help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

xlsm Recovery

by wanyoikek In reply to Macro-enabled Excel 2007 ...

I have managed to recover the data using erepair tool for excel which I purchased for a few dollars. however, the user claims that some columns of the workbook have been interposed. I have also noticed that no Macro code has been recovered. is there a way to recover the workbook as it was before the corruption? valid back backups seem to have been overwritten by the corrupted workbook, which resides on a shared directory on the server.

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)