General discussion

Mail in Windows 2000

By Etoile ·
I have Windows 2000 set up on a single machine at home, with several users/family members each having their own logon.

I can easily set up each person to be able to access the internet via different or the same ISP, but how do I set up Outlook Express so that when each (or some) of the users check email, that they share mail folders and address book for the same email address? (That is, so when mail is received while one person is logged on, another user will be able to read that mail when they log on later

At the moment, each user has their own mail folders, inaccessable by others.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Mail in Windows 2000

by DKlippert In reply to Mail in Windows 2000

I'll have to say you can't do it. Here is an MS article that talks a little about this situation. type the following in the address box of Internet Explorer:

MSKB Q229**0
Contacts can be imported from one profile to the other. (export from one and then import).

You could go to:
Tools>Accounts>Properties>Advanced and put a check mark to leave messages on the server and then delete after x number of days.

Collapse -

Mail in Windows 2000

by Etoile In reply to Mail in Windows 2000

I have reverted to Windows ME (not my first choice), but I need shared access to mail folders and games weren't working in 2000 (For the kids, of course)THanks for your help.

Collapse -

Mail in Windows 2000

I am able to do this with a family logon in Windows 98/Me. Surely I should be able to do it in W2K? Or is W2K just TOO secure?

Collapse -

Mail in Windows 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)