General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Matshita UDJA720 DVD/CDRW

by rh16981 ·

I have a Toshiba Laptop. I switched on and the combi drive does not respond. As a support techi, i tried every avenue. lastly went to Toshiba who refuses to help because the drive is made by Matsushita and they would not help either. XP detects the drive but with this error”Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)”. My only options is to reformat and start from scratch. Can you help me solve this mystery. I have also noticed on a lot of forums that many users out there needs this driver. Why is it so difficult to get.Thank you for your help

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by clutchmaster ·

In reply to Matshita UDJA720 DVD/CDRW

you need a driver for a cd-rom/dvd combo witch is rare… in the old time dos needed drivers to activate de drive.. in windows xp i dont think you need such thing olny to play dvd’s or burn cd’s..

maybe you should try to delete ide atapi devicesand refresh them in xp..
      maybe the windows update site has a fix for this kind of problem.

go look on the microsoft.com/support website for the error code 41 for windows xp.

i hope it helps.

by rh16981 ·

I have managed to sort the problem, and it is that if anyone out there using Instantcd/dvd, when u uninstall it takes away the drivers, leaving the drive useless. The German company who makes this said to reinstall the software to get it back. But iprefer Nero

by thechas ·

Have you installed the XP updates from Microsoft?

As shipped, XP does not recognize most CD-R drives, and many DVD drives.

You can either install XP SP1, or use Windows Update to get just the updates you need.

Further, if you are using EasyCD Creator, you need version 5, and a number of patches from Roxio to get it to work under XP.

Same goes for Cyber Vision Power DVD. You either need the patch for version 3, or you need version 4.

Chas

by rh16981 ·

I have managed to sort the problem, and it is that if anyone out there using Instantcd/dvd, when u uninstall it takes away the drivers, leaving the drive useless. The German company who makes this said to reinstall the software to get it back. Buti prefer Nero

Viewing 1 reply thread