General discussion

Max mailbox size in Exchange 2000?

By BCPower ·
What is the maximum size any one mailbox can be in Exchange 2000 Server? Some of my users are now over 2GB in size. (They insist on keeping everything).

Dell tech support said that the entire First Storage Group can't be larger than 15GB. Can I create a Secode Storage group and put half of my users on that?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to Max mailbox size in Excha ...

It depends on the version of Exchange you have.

Dell is close but not entirely correct.

A Storage Group can contain up to 5 mailbox and/or public folder stores

If you have Exchange 2000 Server, you are limited to a single storage group which can contain only one mailbox store. The remaining four stores can be public folder stores

If you have the Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server, you can create up to 4 storage groups with each storage group containing up to 5 mailbox and/or public folder stores. Conceivably, you could have 20 mailbox stores. Each store in Enterprise Server is limited to 16TB (yes, that is terabytes).

Collapse -

by BCPower In reply to

That's helpful for store info but I have Exchange 2000 Server (not Enterprise). Can my single store be over 15GB? Also, what about the max. mailbox size?

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to Max mailbox size in Excha ...

Your single store has a maximum size of 16GB. There is no set maximum size of a single mailbox within that store. If you want to limit the size of mailboxes, you must implement mailbox size limitations.

Collapse -

by BCPower In reply to

Thanks Tim. I'll just allocate sizes appropriately. )

Collapse -

by BCPower In reply to Max mailbox size in Excha ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)