General discussion

McAfee VS w/SP v4.5.0 on Win2000 Prof.

By MPTechOnline ·
How do I shut down the Scan Engine that constantly scans every document or attachment that I open?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to McAfee VS w/SP v4.5.0 on ...

Open up McAfee configuration, either from the programs menu or the desk top icon,it will give you a window that will have the type of scan to be done that is indicated with a check mark in box,uncheck the box to scan all documents and email attachments that you donot want the scan to perform and reboot the computer.

Collapse -

by MPTechOnline In reply to McAfee VS w/SP v4.5.0 on ...

My Version of VS does not have any boxes that are able to be unchecked in either Documents or Email Scans when in any of the Configuration files. Sorry

Collapse -

My Version of VS does not have any boxes that are able to be unchecked in either Documents or Email Scans when in any of the Configuration files. Sorry

Collapse -

by Big Ray In reply to McAfee VS w/SP v4.5.0 on ...

It sounds like the administrator/deployment person at the site disabled shutting off McAfee. I do not mean to be rude, but if this is the case you should not try to change this. I myself am a computer tech and we have Mcafee 4.5 which has the configuration settings locked. It is not because we are mean people, it is because we want to keep data and users protected from hackers who would want to steal all the companies secrets and it also keeps us from having to spend hours rebuilding PC's because of viruses.

Again I do not want to sound mean, but if you are not an administrator of the site please contact that person and see if they would be willing to throttle back on their policy. More than likely there are specific reasons which they will tell you.

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to McAfee VS w/SP v4.5.0 on ...

I am a Sys Admin and this version of VS is new to me. The problem I have is that one particular PC that was Ghost with WIN2000 has the VS 4.5 but unlike all the others this one automatically scans every document, Word, Excel and such when you open them. This creates an inefficient work enviroment. Thanks

Collapse -

I am a System Admin and this is not part of the Lock Out Program. The thing is is that this is the first VS of version 4.5 that I have since it is now part of our Ghost Image. Every time you open a Word, Excel or other document it automatically scans that document prior to opening it. This is an inefficient way of preventing virus's in any program....I simply would like to shut down only that segment and not the Scan Engine itself. Thanks.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)