IT Employment

General discussion

MCSE 4..0 or 2000

By Kareem ·
I am not a US citizen but I am planning to move (and work) in the US next year sometime. I am currently in th IT field as an NT system administrator. I have been working on getting certified for sometime now but of course time, and discipline are winning the battle. I ahve not taken any exams as yet but I did plan on being certified before the year is out.

Do you think it would be in my best interest to continue trying for the 4.0 certification or should I scrap that and write the 2000? I have a couple of years with NT for experience. I have very lilttle experience with 2000. What would be the best route for me to go??

Kareem Sumner
Tech Republic Member

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Time is short, but go for it.

by MLevy In reply to MCSE 4..0 or 2000

While you will want to upgrade in a few months anyway, if you have the experiance and have already done some studying, buckle down and pass your tests for NT4.
IT show employers that you have a history with Windows Networking, and besides NT4 is not going away for some time.
-MLevy

Collapse -

Nt 4.0

by claymuir In reply to Time is short, but go for ...

I agree Nt 4.0 is going to be here for sometime. I have not yet worked a job that was using W2k. Besides the upgrade test is free a you will be certified in both if you do Nt 4.0 first.