General discussion

MCSE 4..0 or 2000

By Kareem ·
I am not a US citizen but I am planning to move (and work) in the US next year sometime. I am currently in th IT field as an NT system administrator. I have been working on getting certified for sometime now but of course time, and discipline are winning the battle. I ahve not taken any exams as yet but I did plan on being certified before the year is out.

Do you think it would be in my best interest to continue trying for the 4.0 certification or should I scrap that and write the 2000? I have a couple of years with NT for experience. I have very lilttle experience with 2000. What would be the best route for me to go??

Kareem Sumner
Tech Republic Member

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Time is short, but go for it.

by MLevy In reply to MCSE 4..0 or 2000

While you will want to upgrade in a few months anyway, if you have the experiance and have already done some studying, buckle down and pass your tests for NT4.
IT show employers that you have a history with Windows Networking, and besides NT4 is not going away for some time.
-MLevy

Collapse -

Nt 4.0

by claymuir In reply to Time is short, but go for ...

I agree Nt 4.0 is going to be here for sometime. I have not yet worked a job that was using W2k. Besides the upgrade test is free a you will be certified in both if you do Nt 4.0 first.

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)