General discussion

Memory Dump in 2000 Advance Server

By zaxs ·
I'm using Win2k Advance Sever from last 3 months but from yesterday when i boot fist time 2000 after installed winxp (which is working so good now) in other extended partition I'm facing an error during booting 2k & that is:
Physical Memory StartsDumping

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGEDAREA

giving some addreses as well then its start counting to restart the system (both OS are in deffrent partitions). I cant figure it out yet what is the actuall prob. I'll be so thankfull if someone step in toresponse me bcoz I'm the student & learnig 2000 Advance Server but now many of my work is stoped.
Thanks in advance,
Zaxs

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shiuhrong In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

you should copy the whole blue screen message so that others can have a good view of your problem.

But I got this few times where norton personal firewall edition was the culprit. The file caused the blue screen symidsco.sys

Hope this help.

Collapse -

by zaxs In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by quintar51 In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

Try booting into safe mode. If you're successful, delete all *.tmp files, check the event viewer for more information. You can go to start, run, cmd and type chkdsk /f. Then reboot.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by bb11772 In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

This isn't as much of an answer as maybe a helpful thought. I had that happen as well once. When installing XP on the separate partition, wehre did you leave the swap file location? Default I believe is C? Might be an issue. Better still, wish you have a copy of the 1st NTLDR file before installing XP. I have had to recopy that file back over when trying to get anything to dual boot with XP. Something a teacher once taught. Trouble is how and can you copy now that the newer one has replaced it.

Ben

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

According to the Resource Kit, there are a number of possible causes for this problem: from faulty hardware, to anti-virus software, to a corrupt NTFS volume.

Look in the System log in event viewer for any error messages that may point to the problem.

You can also look in the MS KnowledgeBase for additional troubleshooting possibilities. Search using the keywords "STOP 0x00000050".

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by picturecar In reply to Memory Dump in 2000 Advan ...

Conflicting programs such as McAfee and Nortons both trying to start up will cause blue screens. Anything that tries to grab anothers space in memory and does not remap will cause this problem.

Only otherthing that is common is an older version program that attempts a hardware call.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next