General discussion

MFC42.DLL:6467 missing

By jhlavergne3 ·
My father installed a program from Sierra and well, when he tried to update the program it quit responding. When we finally rebooted and all we got an Error message and an ok click box. The message said: MSAPPACCESS.DLL file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6467. Please tell me how to fix this problem and what this DLL does because it said the program couldn't start.

I asked a friend about it and he said it was a Windows 95 DLL, and was surprised Windows came up. I hope this doesn'tmess up the registry because I don't want to use my Quick-Restore CD.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by billf In reply to MFC42.DLL:6467 missing

You need to replace the MFC Dll in the windows system directory with the version that was on the system prior to the installation of the sierra program. I would suggest getting it off of you windows 98 CD. You might try to do a search on your systemto see if it is available to. The error you received tells you that this dll(MSAPPACCESS.DLL) could not find a function in the MFC42.dll. The number 6467 is the hook point for that function also called and ordinal in microsoft terms. Hope this helps.

William Foster

Collapse -

by jhlavergne3 In reply to MFC42.DLL:6467 missing

Well, would help. But I only have a Quick Restore CD for Windows 95. I was told to check which program it was linked to and I was also wondering, if I uninstall THAT program, would it possible fix itself???

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to MFC42.DLL:6467 missing

Alot of dll. files can become corrupt when installing updates and files become over written,it is a dll file in the access application thet is missing.You can use the find file or folders through start menu or you will have to rerun the previous application to get it back.
You can try updating the dll from www.windriver.com and locating dll in left pane.I would use the cd-rom and and rerun setup.

Collapse -

by jhlavergne3 In reply to MFC42.DLL:6467 missing
Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)