General discussion

MicroSoft 2000

By eagleswede1 ·
I am currently running win98 2nd edition.
Do I have to run win2000 to get to the new XL program?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

MicroSoft 2000

by maxwell edison In reply to MicroSoft 2000

Greetings,

No, you don't need to upgrade to Windows 2000 first before you upgrade to Windows XP. You can upgrade from Win98 directly to Windows XP.

However, because Windows XP is such a major upgrade for Windows 9x/Me users, Microsoft has provided an excellent tool that will allow users to test their system's hardware and software compatibility before they even run out and purchase the new system. Dubbed the Upgrade Advisor, this tool is actually stripped straight out of Windows XP Setup,so it's exactly the same compatibility check that will occur during a normal upgrade. And because the Upgrade Advisor includes XP's Dynamic Update technology, it will update itself at launch if you have an Internet connection, ensuring that it's gotthe latest compatibility checklist.

The Upgrade Advisor runs in Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000. If you're going to upgrade any of these operating systems to XP, I strongly recommend that you download and run this tool first. You can download the Upgrade Advisor (31.7 MB) from the Microsoft Web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

Also check out this site as well. Great upgrade information:
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_ua.asp

(REMOVE SPACES if they snuck into the pasted URLs.)

Regards,

Maxwell

Collapse -

MicroSoft 2000

by eagleswede1 In reply to MicroSoft 2000

Thank you.

Collapse -

MicroSoft 2000

by eagleswede1 In reply to MicroSoft 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)