General discussion

Microsoft Access 2000

By Shanghai Sam ·
I feel pretty stupid for submitting this question on this site, but it is driving me crazy, so... here goes. I am using Microsoft Access 2000. While working on a Data Access Page, I have created a scroll bar for overflow of text within an object.I cannot for the life of me (or the Microsoft website) figure out how to make the scrollbar only vertical as opposed to both vertical and horizontal. I'm sure it is right in front of my face, I just can't see it. Thank you for your time.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Microsoft Access 2000

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Microsoft Access 2000

This may not help you, but it seems to me that the only way you can eliminate the horizontal scoll bar is to adjust your column widths to make all of your fields fit within the width of the object box (list box)or to continue to widen the object boxuntil everything fits or to remove unneeded fields all together. I'm not familiar with any property within the object that you can change to designate which scoll bars are available when the text overflows the box. Forms have this option in the "Scroll Bar" property, but objects apparently don't. I hope this helps, I'm certainly not an Access expert.

Collapse -

Microsoft Access 2000

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Microsoft Access 2000

The scrollbar property setting comes in 4 varieties: None, Vertical Only, Horizontal Only, and Both. Choose your own poison using the field's property settings.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)