Question

Microsoft Office 2010

By kiranchinnu ·
Hello all,
Hope I will able to find answer for this question.

I am in way of updating my exchange server to 2010 however I have few users who are using office xp which i want to upgrade to office 2003 for compatability for exchange 2010.

As of now I cant buy office 2003 so we decided to buy office 2010 and use this key for installation of office 2003.

My question is will office 2010 key work with office 2003 ?
If not what is work around for this as I dont want few users to be on office 2010 and all others on office 2003?

Pls help.
Thanks in Advance.

Kiran.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

not likely

by PurpleSkys In reply to Microsoft Office 2010

one licence per specific software...

Collapse -

If I'm understanding correctly,

by jfuller05 In reply to Microsoft Office 2010

You want to use an Office 2010 product key for an Office 2003 installation? If that's what you want to do, then I'm afraid you won't be able to do that.

Product Keys are specific to the product, for example, only Office 2010 product keys will work for Office 2010. That's true for Office 2007, 2003, etc. The product key matches the product the key is for.

I'm not aware of a workaround for your situation. While Office 2010 will have differences from 2003 (mostly organization and cosmetic) since you have Office 2010 go ahead and learn it and deploy it.

Collapse -

Also unless I'm badly mistaken

by OH Smeg In reply to Microsoft Office 2010

What's wrong with buying a Volume License version of Office 2010 and the number of Licenses you require. All VL Product has a Minimum of 5 Licenses but here I'm assuming that you would want more than that.

Then just install Office 2010 to all systems. Of course if you submit Official Documents to places that only accept the .DOC Format not .DOCX you may have to do other work but what's wrong with using 2010 on all of the systems?

And in answer to your question about using the Product Key off 2010 on 2003 no this van not be done you need a product key for the product that you want to use. You can not use a 2010 Product to install anything but 2010. This is the same across all of the M$ Range regardless of product.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)