General discussion

Microsoft Outlook 2000

By kashmeir63 ·
Hi,
I currently have microsoft outlook 98 installed on a windows nt4.0 computer.I tried to install micro. outlook 2000, thinking it might just install itself over 98 but save the folders...
When the installation of 2000 is complete. I try to run 2000 but receive the following message:
DIRECTORY: Program Files\common files\system\mapi\1033\nt\omint.dll is not a valid windows nt image.....But the file is there.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling w/the same message.. I than tried installing micro. outlook 98 back but received the same message....Any help would be appreciated..Is there any way for me to retrive my email folders I seem not be able to locate them.........

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Microsoft Outlook 2000

by hendrik In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Outlook '98 and Outlook 2000 can operate in various modes, could you please let me know what configuration you use. Is it configured as a straight internet e-mail client or is it used with MS-Exchange or MS-Mail etc... Normaly Outlook if setup as a Internet Mail client the data is stored in a .pst file - do a search for this file - it can then be backed up and used on a new install of Outlook 2000.

Regards,

Hendrik van Zyl.

Collapse -

Microsoft Outlook 2000

by kashmeir63 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Microsoft Outlook 2000

by kashmeir63 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)