Question

Microsoft Outlook 2003 trouble starting

By fish04 ·
I am having trouble starting Microsoft Outlook 2003. It will not start, but will bring up a window to report it to Microsoft. At that window, it gives the option to start it in Safe Mode, which when I click Send or Don't Send (it doesn't matter which one), it will then bring up Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode. I can then use it, but only in Safe Mode. I don't get an error code or any other explaination. Very Frustrating....any help will be appreciated. (I am not a professional IT, be gentle!)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Been having the same problem

by bill In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2003 tr ...

Hi

Do you get any error messages at all before the report to MS box, if so what is the exact message?

You can also check the Error Logs in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Software and look for any relating to the time you had the Outlook error.

Knowing it works ok in Safe Mode, leads to a 3rd party application messing with Outlook and its settings.. so try the below.......

Outlook doesnt start it maybe corrupt, so goto Control Panel > Add/Remove and click on Office 2003 > click Change then check Re-install or Repair and click Next and follow the prompts.

If you have Antivirus what is it as its known that some AVs do mess with Outlook, especially Norton, unhook from the internet, by this I mean pull the connetion out from the moden to the PC, then disable your AV and security apps to test is one is interfearing.

Collapse -

If the repair doesnt work you could try

by shelli_2005 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2003 tr ...

Remove any addins under
Tools--options--other--addin manager
just uncheck all and then you can go back and re-check them one at a time until you find the "bad one".
If thats not it try:
Click Start--Run type in:
outlook /cleanviews
outlook /cleanprofile

Collapse -

Microsoft Outlook 2003 for Windows 7

by Joy63 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 2003 tr ...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 has been working fine for the past 16 months on my new computer which has Windows 7 on it. The other day it stopped working and came up with a message saying "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program". Long story short. I downloaded the service packs 1, 2 & 3 installing them and restarting after each pack was installed. After service pack 3 was installed, presto, it works perfect. My suggestion re-install these 3 service packs one at a time.