Cloud

Question

Migrate G Suite to Office 365

By help1563898615 ·
Tags: Cloud
I'm using G Suite for my small organization and looking to Office 365. It is a good decision and if yes how should I proceed?

Thanks in Advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Migrate Email from G Suite to Office 365

by dineshramgaikwad In reply to Migrate G Suite to Office ...

There is one more post asking the same info, i will suggest wait for a day or so, so that the answer i gave over there gets moderated and you can use the same steps.

https://www.techrepublic.com/forums/discussions/how-to-migrate-email-from-g-suite-to-office-365-manually/

Collapse -

Migrate G Suite to Office 365

by SparrowJ In reply to Migrate G Suite to Office ...

You can try with this way-
Step 1: Verify you own your domain.
Step 2: Add users to Microsoft 365 or Office 365.
Step 3: Create a list of Gmail mailboxes to migrate.
Step 4: Connect Microsoft 365 or Office 365 to Gmail.

Hope this will help
Best regards

Collapse -

Migrate consumer G Suite mailboxes to Microsoft 365 or Office 365

by jessewalter375 In reply to Migrate G Suite to Office ...

Migrate consumer G Suite mailboxes to Microsoft 365 or Office 365
Step 1: Verify you own your domain
Step 2: Add users to Microsoft 365 or Office 365
Step 3: Create a list of Gmail mailboxes to migrate
Step 4: Connect Microsoft 365 or Office 365 to Gmail
Step 5: Create a migration batch and start migrating Gmail mailboxes
Step 6: Update your DNS records to route Gmail directly to Microsoft 365 or Office 365
Step 7: Stop synchronization with Gmail
Step 8: Users migrate their calendar and contacts

Hope This Helps.

Collapse -

Migrate G suite To Office 365

by jackdanielsking2 In reply to Migrate G Suite to Office ...

In order to Migrate From G suite To Office 365 Use The Following Steps
1. Sign Up and SetUp your apps
2. Move Your Files
3.Connect Your Domain and Email
4.Cancel G suite (and keep Your Domain)
5.Set up devices and teams
6. Get everyone up and running with Microsoft Office
Thus these are the following step you need to follow in order to move your G Suite To Office 365

I hope This Helps to solve your problem.

Collapse -

Migrate G suite to Office 365

by benmartin9920 In reply to Migrate G Suite to Office ...

1. Verify the domains you own
If you can successfully log-in to your domain registrar account, you can create the DNS record for your domain. This is enough for Office 365 that you own the domain name. Verification of your domain name is the first step for G Suite to Office 365 migration.

2. Adding users to Office 365

Adding users to Office 365 requires licenses for every single user. Every user is designated to have an Office 365 mailbox before migrating emails.

3. Collate the list of email IDs on Microsoft Excel

While creating migration files, you need to have passwords for every Gmail ID that is being migrated. It is almost impossible to know every password, so you can reset them, and assign temporary passwords during the for every Gmail mailbox.

You can create batches as per your requirements to migrate all the Gmail mailboxes, saving you the hassle of migrating everything at once. About 50K mailboxes up to 10 MB can be migrated in one batch where every user will be assigned one row.

When you log in to G Suite admin user console, choose the ‘Users’ option.
Choose every user’s name and write down their email address corresponding to it.
Now login to Microsoft Admin Center. Go the ‘Users’ option. Then click ‘Active users.’
Along with it, keep in mind the username column and Microsoft 365 admin center window.
Launch Microsoft Excel.
4. Creation of Migration Points

Email migrations technically happen through migration endpoint, which is the focal point for communication between two email systems that are involved in migration. Thus, you need to create a migration endpoint to connect Office 365 to Gmail. Here’s how you create migration endpoint(s).

⇨In the Exchange Admin Center, follow this path:

Recipients ⇨ Migration ⇨ More…

Then select Migration endpoints.

⇨ Click on the “New +” option.

⇨ Choose the IMAP option (as G Suite is IMAP-based), and on the IMAP migration page, keep the default settings as it is. The server should be set to imap.gmail.com.

⇨ Click Next and follow the necessary instructions. Then, click ‘New’ for creation of new migration endpoint.

The next step is to create batches of mailboxes. This helps you to segregate the mailbox as per your priority. It is also useful for testing your migration before performing bulk migration.

5. Migrating mailboxes in batches

As a standard practice, you can start migrations by creating batches with a small number of emails for testing purposes.

I hope this helps!
Ben Martin