migrating a VBA-heavy Word 2016 .dotm
How do I migrate a VBA-heavy Word 2016 .dotm to my wife’s office 365 . without corrupting her machine?
Lance Whitney’s https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-transfer-microsoft-word-macros-to-another-computer/ is the best I’ve found on one aspect of my migration, but not sufficient.
My .dotm template migration needs include:
1. Migrating the .dotm template to my wife’s Documents>Custom Office Templates folder.
2. Establishing that .dotm and Custom Office Template folder as a “Trusted Site”. (see below)
3. Copying an MS Excel file to a (new folder) on my wife’s machine.
3a. Permanently assigning the Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library to the ,dotm’s Developer>Visual Basic>Tools>Project>References. (see below)
4. Appending my 3 “Quick Parts” Building Blocks to my wife’s normal.dotm.
I’ve done 1, 2, 3 above. And Lance Whitney’s page above deals with point 4.
(3a) Despite enabling the .dotm’s Developer tab on my wife’s PC, check-marking the Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library and saving the .dotm, the assignment won’t stick. Subsequent re-open of the .dotm shows Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object Library not checked.
(2) Originally there were two separate security blocks. I managed to eliminate one of them through MS file level security (though I don’t recall how), but the “untrusted” message persists.
Curiously, when I try to File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Trusted Locations and try to add Documents>Custom Office Templates folder, I get a popup window indicating the location is already registered. But the warning continues to appear.
I am reluctant to proceed for fear of corrupting my wife’s PC as she uses it for her job. On the other hand, I need a backup plan if and when I replace my laptop.
I’m running Microsoft Windows 10 Home Build 19044 on a Dell Inspiron 15-3567 using Microsoft® Word 2016 MSO (Version 2209 Build 16.0.15629.20196) 32-bit.
Wife’s machine running Microsoft Windows 10 Home Build 19043 on an Acer Aspire TC-885 using Microsoft Word 365 MSO (Version 2209 Build 16.0.15629.20200) 64-bit.