General discussion

Migration of NetWare 4.2 to Windows2000

By JoeG ·
I am currently looking for a utility that allows me to migrate from NetWare 4.2 to Windows2000. It has to migrate Users, Groups and the copy of Directories and files to the new Windows2000 server, keeping the security in place. I have looked at MS Services for Netware 5.0 but was not impressed with it especially with the MSFMU (MS File Migartion Utility). It did not apply the security to the directory or files.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by gnet158 In reply to Migration of NetWare 4.2 ...

Well I can't see why you'd want to leave Netware but I have a answer for you. Plain and simple. But Corp. Edition from Novell install it on your PDC (make sure that their are NO users configrued on the PDC except Administrator) and then run the (very) simple novell migration wizard. What happenes is NDS will copy all your user information (user names, rights, ect.) from NDS to your 2000 box. When all is said and done all you need to do in uninstall it from your PDC. However after you uninstall it you will then need to copy your data to the new server and create shares and drive mapping. But the good thing is that your Novell Corp. edition is smart enought leave the users in 2000. I am running that exact setup Novell NDS controlling 2000 and love it. It's the best of both worlds. You may want to leave Corp. edition installed for a while and use it. Works like a charm.

Collapse -

by JoeG In reply to Migration of NetWare 4.2 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by JoeG In reply to Migration of NetWare 4.2 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)