General discussion

Missing commands from 1900 Switch?!?!!?

By raycaldwell73 ·
Hello,

I hope someone can really help me out with this. I have a 1900 Catalyst Switch I purshased off of Ebay, works fine....In the beginning, I was able to got to a CLI on the switch. I had then brought it in to work to have one of the networking guys over in my other department show my the ropes on how to use it (I'm studying for my CCNA) but something strange happend......now all of sudden, I can't seem to get out the the menu driven mode and I notice that a few commands are missing (or at least I sworn they where there) and it's the [V] VLAN and the [K] Command Line....I know I'm not crazy, but I know for a fact I was able to get to the ">" prompt, but now when I try to exit out of the Managment Console from the Main Menu, it just takes me back to where I was.....I've tried flashing it, reset it to factory......unplugging it.....nothing.....has anyone ever heard of this? The switch seems to work fine other than these missing commands. Would flashing the version to a Enterprise Edition flash fix this? I have the 24 port 1900 switch one.......because without access to the CLI, I can't configure any VLAN ports....nothing....I have flashed it to the V9.00.04 Standard Edition....If anyone knows where I can download an Enterprise Edition version of 9.00.04, that would be great (if there is one) or if that will even fix my problem.

Thanks,

Ray

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Cisco 1924-a

by wooda In reply to Missing commands from 190 ...

Hi Ray
I have a 1924-a switch is missing the K option for Command line. I've come across an article stating the CLI is part of the Enterprise software - have you upgraded your switch now?
Regards
Andrew

Collapse -

Software version

You definitely should verify the software (IOS) version and train. As previously mentioned, Enterprise versions have features that basic (IP) versions may not have.

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)