Question

Missing Emails in Outlook 2003

By alulkamal ·
We ran Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. One of our staff lost all her email in a specific folder under Inbox. This file is pecified by sender's name, and recently the sender change her email address. I cant find the email in Deleted Items, even when using Recover Deleted Items. However if I use Find and Senders name, I can see all the emails her her activities. If anybody can help me find all these missing email and restore it it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

this might work - try changing

by Sue T In reply to Missing Emails in Outlook ...

the email address back to what it had been. Can you see the email now? If so, export it and then change the email address to the new one and then import the exported email.

Collapse -

Backup/Restore Email from Outlook 2003.. I do not know if this will work..

Backup/Restore Email from Outlook 2003

Backup Messages to a .pst File

1. On the File pull-down menu, click Import and Export.
2. Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
3. In the list, click "Personal Folder File (.pst)", and then click Next.
4. Click the folder that contains the messages you want to back up. If the folder contains a subfolder that you want to include, select the "Include Subfolders" check box, and then click Next.
5. Under "Save exported file as", click Browse, and then specify a name and location for your backup file, for example, Mail Backup.
6. If you back up a .pst file that you have backed up to before, click one of the following:
* Replace duplicates with items exported. Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being exported.
* Allow duplicate items to be created. Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the backup file.
* Do not export duplicate items. Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the folder will not be copied to the backup file.
7. Click Finish.

Restore a backup .pst email file

1. On the File pull-down menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
2. Click the .pst file you want to open, and then click OK.

The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go pull-down menu, click Folder List.). By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders .
Or try this

Recovering ?permanently? deleted email in Microsoft Outlook 2003

go to Microsoft Outlook, and click the Deleted Items Folder, then you need to go to Tools ?> Recover Deleted Items. All the items that you have deleted within the time frame set in the policy should be available for you to select. Just select the one?s you want back and hit the recover button.

However, there is a catch to this, you can?t recover the mails you hard deleted directly from other folders. I mean you pressed SHIFT+DEL and deleted a few mails from your Inbox. Unfortunately, this trick wont be able to cater to that.
http://technofriends.in/2007/08/24/recovering-permanently-deleted-email-in-microsoft-outlook-2003/

However, if you have deleted your mail items the hard way, i.e. by pressing SHIFT+DEL the mail is not sent to the Deleted Items folder and therefore the previous trick fails.

By default the Recover Deleted Items functionality is only enabled on the Deleted Items folder in a user?s private folders; items that are hard deleted cannot be recovered. However, the good news is that this can be changed by making a small change to the Registry.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Follow these steps to modify the Registry

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
Value name: DumpsterAlwaysOn
Data type: DWORD
Value data: 1

4. Quit Registry Editor.

That?s it. Now you can recover your hard deleted mails as well.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)