General discussion

Missing Mails in Outlook 2000

By larrylim ·
Hi, I have a user who has missing mails in his outlook 2000 sent box between 11/11/00 to 23/11/00. Is there anyway to recover the mails?

I am using Exchange 5.5 and all clients are on Office 2000.

Have anyone encounter this before?

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by purple713 In reply to Missing Mails in Outlook ...

In the right hand corner of the Outlook screen to make sure you don't see something that says "Filter Applied". If you see this go to View, Current View, and select Messages. All of the messages should show up. Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by larrylim In reply to Missing Mails in Outlook ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Baadil In reply to Missing Mails in Outlook ...

Hello,
Without having more info here are my best guesses.
1. IF the emails have NOT been deleted, it is possible that there is a defined view which is hiding the mails. check to see if there is a view defined, if it is, you can clear that. This process can be done in View menu.
2. If they, infact, have been deleted, have you checked the deleted items folder? I know it sounds a bit obvious but you'll be surprise how mane times the mails are in the deleted items and a view has been applied on that folder which hides them.
3.If the infact, REALLY , been deleted, there are still two things you can take a look at.
3a. check and see if the Auto Archive has been turned on. It is possible the those emails got archived.
3b. You final hope is Exchange server. It depends on if Exchange server is setup to Save Deleted items for a certain period at all or if it saved till the full backup was done. A quick way to check this is to, in outlook go to Deleted Items Folder, Tools Menu, select "Recover Deleted Items".

HTH

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)