General discussion

Missing mouse and keyboard upon loading Windows 2000 Server

By fiddies99 ·
I am trying to just load Windows 2000 Server on a Compaq 800 server, but when the server starts to load the mouse & keyboard drivers, they become unavailable after that. You can't finish setup, because they are unavailable.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Missing mouse and keyboar ...

All ROMpaqs loaded?

Are a mouse and keyboard connected directly to the unit or via the KVN switch? Might just be a bad set of ports in the KVM. I have seen that happen more than once over the years.

Collapse -

by fiddies99 In reply to

I tried it through the KVM, but then hooked everything up seperately. I also flashed the Bios as well. Can't use USB either because its an older server and there aren't none. Its just weird because it works all the way up until Windowsstarts to load the drivers for it. Then it just stops working.

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to Missing mouse and keyboar ...

Have you tried booting into safe-mode? Are the Keyboard and mouse accesible there? If yes, try to remove the mouse and keyboard in control panel when you have started in safe-mode, then reboot. The system should then search for new drivers and install them. with a little luck the Keyboard and mouse may now work.

Collapse -

by fiddies99 In reply to

I can't boot into safe mode because, I can't get the full OS loaded. Thanks anyway though. It is a troubling situation.

Collapse -

by Eride In reply to Missing mouse and keyboar ...

Did you ensure that all system components are on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) for Windows 2000 Server. that is a common problem that happened to me before.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)