General discussion

ML350 on 2000 server wont boot up

By rngara ·
COMPAQ ML350 RUNNING ADVANCED SERVER 2000, ON RAID 5, WILL NOT BOOT UP AFTER WE HAD REMOVED THE 3 HARD DRIVES AND TRIED TO BOOT THEM UP FROM HP ML370 WHICH FAILED.THEY WERE REMOVED AND REPLACED IN THE CORRECT ORDER.NOW THEY ARE BACK IN THEIR ORIGINAL SERVER BUT NOW THE SERVER JUST HANGS ON "ATTEMPTING TO BOOT FROM HARD DRIVE (C)", IF YOU BOOT FROM A KNOPPIX CD, I CAN SEE ALL THE FILES ON THE HARD DRIVES. ALL HARD DRIVES ARE HEALTHY. HEEELP!!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to ML350 on 2000 server wont ...

It sounds to me like you have broken your array. You probably need to go into the BIOS of the array controller card and rebuild it. Without knowing what kind of controller you are using, it's hard to say, but I would recommend starting with any documentation you have on the array controller and look for instructions on rebuilding an array.

I will caution you, though, if you're not familiar with working with RAID5 arrays, you have to read the documentation closely to be sure that what you are doing is not going to wipe out all of the information on the drives. BE CAREFUL!

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by rngara In reply to

I ended up installing another os on anotherr partition of the same hard drives and i did a repair of the original os

Collapse -

by rngara In reply to ML350 on 2000 server wont ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)