Modem Router & Syslog Server
Hi Experts, I am what a newbie in networking arena. Have basic understanding, as I have beeb in IT for a decade.
I am trying setup a centralized log server for my personal use. Here is my current setup. Question will be written at the bottom of the post, response / guidance will be much appreciated.
Modem : At&T Model 5268AC
Router : Netgear R7000, Flashed with Fresh Tomato.
Ubuntu 20.0.4x running machine with Rsyslog server.
Modem IP address is 192.168.1.254
Router IP address is 10.0.0.1
Both the modem & router have ability to send syslog data to remote machine.
1. I am successfully able to send syslog data from my router to Rsyslog.
2. However no data gets transferred from my modem to Rsyslog.
1. I have tried turning router syslog export off & use the same port (1515) on modem – just to troubleshoot if it was incoming port issue at Ubuntu side. But it’s not as router can successfully send syslog data to Ubuntu but modem cannot. Nothing gets to Ubuntu server from modem.
2. On router I have tried opening Port Forwarding as follows:
Source port and destination port – same as 1515
Source IP address as my modem ( 192.168.1.254)
Destination IP address of my Ubuntu ( 10.0.0.41 )
– Can someone guide what I am doing wrong?