more than once!!!!

By bmorfin1385 ·
hello everyone....
ive had this happen to me more than once already, and i wanted to know if anyone can give me a hand here.....
well i have my work saved on my home computer and ive gone to school or just anywhere else away from my desktop. when i have seem to have forgotten to save some of my work that i must turn in,on my flash drive. now i live about 20 miles away from my school and do not have the time to go back home to do it......
how can i access my computer using another that is not near by??????
if anyone can let me know how i can do this, it would be a great help.....
thanks for your time

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Easiest "secure' way

by LarryD4 In reply to more than once!!!!

Well the easiest way that is secure and offers one month free is www.gotomypc.com. Their are other ways but I don't know how tech savy you are. So to get the job done quick and easy gotomypc is what you want.

Collapse -

Go to my pc

by shhite In reply to Easiest "secure' way

We use go to my pc and it is probably the easiet and cheapest for you ... Just make sure if you do use it to keep your home computer on or you will not be able to access it.

Collapse -

That is going to be hard, especially if your computer is not on..

You will have to go back and get it. There is no quick fix on this one if you have not set up your computer to be accessed from outside your home network. The only way is to have the work copied onto a back up website, of which are many. That way you can access your work on-line.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this info is useful, please mark it helpful. Thanks

Collapse -


by LarryD4 In reply to That is going to be hard, ...

"The only way is to have the work copied onto a back up website, of which are many."

The only way???

Collapse -

You could Remote in.... Using RDC...

by ---TK--- In reply to more than once!!!!

But if you have a router installed, you will need to configure port forwarding, also your PC would need to be turned on to accept the request, open the port on the firewall, and your profile on the PC would have to be set up to accept remote access. I think the default setting is off... dont quote me on that though.... on top of all that you would need to know your IP address... once you do all that you could Email the file to yourself... Or you could call your house and ask someone there to email it to you....

Collapse -

one more way.....

by ---TK--- In reply to more than once!!!!

I hate paying for services.... You can use NO-IP.com to update your IP to a name (constant)...If you have XP Pro, you can set up a VPN server (built in), config port forwarding on the router.... once your PC accepts the VPN, type the name of the \\server\share... and drag and drop from there..... the connection is going to be really slow... ISP's tend to hose those ports... but it does work...

Collapse -


by jimmy-jam In reply to more than once!!!!

You can use LogMeIn.com

Related Discussions

Related Forums