Question

MS Access 2007 Scheduled Task

By mitreddep ·
Hi,

I am running Access 2007 and have created an Access report which links to a query. When I run the report in Access it displays as expected. I have then created a shortcut to the report (.MAR file) by right clicking it, copying and pasting it into a folder. If I click the shortcut the report runs and is displayed on screen as expected. If I copy the path to the shortcut into the start, run box and click OK the report runs and is displayed on screen as expected. I then set up a scheduled task to run the shortcut, every time I run the task it prints the report, twice!!

I cannot see why this is happening. I have tried it on two different PC?s with Access 97, one with XP and one with Vista, both try to print it when scheduled. I have created an entirely new report in a new database and still get the same results.

I just need to display this report on screen and have no need to print it out each day. Any ideas?????

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Could you not send the data to "print to file".

See if you can send the data "print to file".
You can then mark the file what ever you want.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this information is useful, please mark as helpful. Thanks.

Collapse -

MS Access

by mitreddep In reply to Could you not send the da ...

Hi, not sure how you would do 'print to file' in access. The question really is why should scheduling this task produce anything different to simply running this task manually?

Collapse -

Print to file in Access here:

http://www.groupacg.com/ACGPTFM.htm

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this information is useful, please mark as helpful. Thanks.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)