General discussion

Ms Exchange 2000 server

By jaboy78 ·
I got my exchange web running.
My server ip is let say, 192.168.0.1.

When i type on any workstation on the IE "192.168.0.1/exchange", it will prompt me username, password and domain.

It seems like without typing the domain, it still can go throughwith username and password.. why??

any configuration??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

by R. A. Caluste In reply to Ms Exchange 2000 server

It uses the default domain when you leave out the domain. If you need to specify a different domain, enter it there. With windows integrated authentication, you just have to go to http://192.168.0.1/exchange/username when you have successfully logged on to domain. Otherwise, it will prompt you to enter your domain credentials.

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

by jaboy78 In reply to Ms Exchange 2000 server

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

i need them to type the domain for more security reason...

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

by curlergirl In reply to Ms Exchange 2000 server

Just a suggestion: You do not need to have them retype this information just for security purposes. If you want to be sure that the users are authenticated as domain users but make it simpler for them to use web access, set the Directory authentication method on the web site to Integrated Windows Authentication. This will authenticate the users, but if they are logged on to their workstations with their network credentials already, they will not have to retype them. The system will see thatthey are already logged on to the domain and bypass the login box. Only if they are not already logged on to the domain will they get the login box and have to fill in the information. This is actually more secure than basic authentication - wherethey have to retype their credentials - because it is encrypted as opposed to having them send their user info in clear text format over the network.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Ms Exchange 2000 server

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)