Question

MS Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 SBS Question........

By rcrewsvfx ·
I'm having an issue where a User who has a company email account and a comcast account that routes to the same account, is getting undeliverable messages. I can't see the exact message (just able to use the search tool to see it in her box and who its from). Just wondering if there is a way to actually view a User's email from Exchange..... Any help is appreciated....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

For N-E-1 who comes across this.....

by rcrewsvfx In reply to MS Exchange 2003 on Serve ...

This is what I found out on the issue:

If you only want to find simple delivery infomation use the system management console>tools>message tracking center.

If you want to view a full email you will need to open AD>properties or the user in question>exchange advanced>mailbox rights>add yourself into the permissions.

Then open your outlook client>account settings>more settings>advanced>click add on then open these additional mailboxes.

Collapse -

True

by Churdoo In reply to For N-E-1 who comes acros ...

MS removed the ability to read users' email from the exchange server beginning with EX2K3.

In Exchange 2000, there was I think an MBX folder which contained each username and within each username, their entire mailbox contents. Probably a security/privacy hole, making it waaaay too easy to read users' email and this functionality was removed in Exchange 2003.

Another possibility, instead of adding yourself to her mailbox rights and adding her mailbox to your Outlook, may be to use the Remote Assistance tool in SBS to attach to her session and look at what you need.

Collapse -

User.....

by rcrewsvfx In reply to True

She happens to be using Remote Access herself to check her email right now. We have a SharePoint interface everyone uses when they are out of the office. I had just heard there was a way to do it directly out of Exchange, but I guess that was in older versions.....

Thanks.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)