Question

MS Exchange 2010 Deployment

By bennp ·
I need some advices on Microsoft Exchange 2010 server deployment for a small business with 25 users that operate mainly through emails. My questions are:

1. Can i use only one physical server running Windows Server 2008 Standard for all of Exchange 2010 server roles?
2. I would like to know if Exchange 2010 transport rule be set up where the incoming emails be distributed to specific 2 email accounts in an alternate fashion (i.e. first email goes to account A, then the second email goes to account B, then the third email goes to account A, then the forth email goes to account B, and the pattern repeats as described).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Do you mean ...

by Churdoo In reply to MS Exchange 2010 Deployme ...

One server for Exchange 2010 and you already have the Active Directory Controller on another server? Have you looked at MS Small Business Server (SBS) for your 25-user office?

1. It is possible to have a single server running appropriate Exchange 2010 roles, but it's not advisable to run that on a Domain Controller (except in an SBS environment).
2. I'm not aware of a method for distibuting emails in this manner. One possible solution may be to use a Public Folder for this inbound email and you can have multiple staff monitor the public folder.

Collapse -

Email capabilities with Windows SBS 2008

by bennp In reply to Do you mean ...

Churdoo,

No, currently we do not have any servers running. We have 25 users running Windows 7 Pro using Outlook 2010 as client receiving emails from our ISP. We want to set up an email server and maintain it ourselves since most of our communication with our clients are via emails. I did not look at Windows SBS 2008 yet, but will. If Windows SBS 2008 has built-in Exchange server capability for at least 25 users then it would be perfect for us. Many thanks!!!!

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)