General discussion

MS Office Basic 2003

By rodecu01 ·
I have my MS office basic 2003 cd but have lost my product key for reinstillation. Is there any way to re-intall the program w/o the product key? If not what do I have to do? Please help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rkuhn In reply to MS Office Basic 2003

Is the current copy installed and working?

Plenty of programs out there that will retrieve your key.

Collapse -

by rodecu01 In reply to

Any other clues on how to fix?

Collapse -

by rodecu01 In reply to MS Office Basic 2003

It is not currently installed and is not working at all. I bought a key retriever but it did not work. The only reason I can figure is that the program was not installed. Any clues?

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to MS Office Basic 2003

All of the key retriever software packages require that the software be installed and working. That is because the Key is NOT on the CD or the installation files. When you enter the key, an algorithm verifies that the key is a valid key then creates a unique serial number for your system. The key is then stored in the registry or a hidden system file on your PC.

Your best option is a thorough search for the license sticker or original folder that has the key on it.

You might try calling Microsoft and requesting a new key. This has the best chance of success "IF" you still have your purchase receipt AND you registered (not just activated) your copy of Office when you first installed it.

Your remaining options are to:
Buy a new copy of Office or a license.
Switch to Open Office www.openoffice.org

Chas

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)